Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Time

This card is so, so, so out of the "normal" box for me!!  But I'm always up for a good challenge and this month's Verve Diva Dare is just that--a good challenge.  I don't use a lot of kraft paper, as I'm not usually a big fan (too neutral, I think), but I pulled some out as the base of this card.  I also don't think I have ever used paint on a card, but I pulled out some of those, too.  It started out with the clock hands.  I knew if I could pull off my vision with them, then the rest of the card would work.  I die cut them out of a deep orange/coppery color then rubbed a metallic copper ink pad over them, then dipped my paint brush in side by side puddles of an apple green and turquoise and used them to dry brush across the hands.  It gives such a beautiful verdigris look to them.  I also did the same for the gold brad I used to adhere them to the card.  For the back ground, I inked up the large clock face with the copper ink pad and then dry brushed the two paints right onto the stamp before I stamped it on the paper.  Then I dry brushed some light brown onto the cardstock for a bit of distressing.  (I think I need to work on that technique a bit!)

Challenges:
Stamping with Dragon--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday--anything goes with uplifting sentiment

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Hands of Time"; Verve "Beautiful You"
Dies: PTI clock hands

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Way to stretch yourself and go for the Dare -- whoot, whoot :) You did a great job creating the background! Love the clock and shading on it too. Thanks so much for joining us for this months Dare!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, I luv this, simply stunning...so glad you took the Verve Diva Dare!

enjoy *~*

Fabiola said...

oh! très réussi, elle est très chic, biz

Unknown said...

Lovely creation, thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon and good luck.
Hugs
Jo (DT member)
xxxx

HeARTworks said...

Perfect! I love the old world feel the tones of paint gave it! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Tina said...

WOW! for something that is out of the ordinary for you Heather this is amazing, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon. Hugs Tina (DT) xx