Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You Go Girl

I can't decide if this should be a birthday card for a little princess or an encouragement card for a girlfriend princess. It could be either! It uses the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge for this week. They have recently changed their rules so you have to use a Waltzingmouse image in order to enter. I so need to win so I can get an actual set! I only have a digital set that was part of a package to raise money for a young woman who is battling cancer. You can read more here. This image is actually a prince, but I wanted a princess, so I drew in hair with a fine-tipped pen. I colored the image with colored pencils except the crown on which I used a gold pen. In the close up picture you can see I added some sparkly red jewels with a red marker and a glitter pen. I used a cuttlebug embossing folder on the bottom of the card. I created my own "stick pins" out of 20g wire; one is a star and the second is a spiral with a rhinestone glued on top. Was kind of going for a diadem look.





4 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Double extra credit for making that prince into a princess, too ;)

Kelly S. said...

Ack, my first comment didn't post! I was busy saying how sweeeeet this card is! I love the colors, the shimmmery silver ribbon, and the WAND and the scepter (is that how spell that?) This card would be perfect for ANY occasion for a little girl!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I LOVE this card, Heather! Brilliant way to turn the little face into a girl and I love the ribbon treatments and the little "wands." Sooo cute!! I'm so glad you played along again this week!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Heather! I love your darling card! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)