Happy Friday!!! It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog. This week, the challenge is: . Black and Orange
Here is my card for your inspiration:
So, I always struggle with color combinations in challenges and when I saw black and orange for this challenge all I could think of was Halloween. And I don't do Halloween, so I was at a bit of a loss at to what to do. When I saw that several of my teammates had managed to create orange and black cards without being Halloween related, I realized it was possible. My brother-in-law was turning 40 this week, so I decided to make a card for him using this color combo. I pulled out some definitely NOT Halloween paper and that was the beginning of this card. I forgot to take a photo of it, but the "40" was die cut out of black glitter paper. Yes, I did manage to use both glitter AND ribbon on a masculine card and I think it works perfectly! The ribbon was recycled from some gift or something like that I had received a couple years ago and all the little stars are the left overs from the star border die I used down the side of the card. I added a few more inside to surround the sentiment and added another die cut "40", this time in orange to contrast with all the black inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.
Supplies:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink "Big Birthday Wishes"
Dies: Paper Trey Ink "By the Numbers" border die; Verve "Scalloped Trim Trio" star border die; Spellbinders "You are Here" arrow die; Stamps of Life star; unbranded label die from Amazon
Challenges:
Cards Galore Challenge #151--anything goes
Die Cut Divas--recycle, re-use & repurpose
Craft Rockets #140--use dies
Word Power--anything goes with sentiment as the focus
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends #285--anything goes
Crafty Catz #714--anything goes
Creative Fingers #329--anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #770--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Pixie's Snippets Playground #541--anything goes with snippets (Almost everything was die cut from snippets and I reused the little stars left over from the border die cut)



8 comments:
Such a fun birthday card! It's so fun and inspiring to see orange and black used for something that's different than Halloween. All those stars, numbers, and bold layers give it so much energy. Great inspiration for our challenge!
This is such a cute birthday card - love how you managed the orange and black component without it being overwhelming!
I love orange and black together - and as you’ve proved - it needn’t be anything to do with Hallowe’en. Terrific birthday card inside and out.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse for Sunday Morning Breakfast Club. xxx
What a fantastic card Heather! Really love the black and orange too!
Thank you for playing along with us at LPOCF! Good luck!
Black and orange really is a great color combo. I love how you used it so perfectly for a birthday card!! Fabulous use of the sketch as well! Thank you for sharing with the AHSC this week!!
I love the caramel color of the paper you used - no idea of the real color, but it looks to me like a soft caramel. Just love the colors and design. Fantastic work. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.
I love that sentiment; that is amazing. I love the colours and embellishments you chose! Great card! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
What fun! I am sure your BIL will love this! I adore that starry border diecut!! In fact, ALL the diecuts are amazing! The colors do look like Halloween but they still work with this fun card! Thanks for using our AH sketch this week!
Post a Comment