Friday, July 10, 2026

Hats Off

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for a new challenge from the Cut It Up Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is: Create your own background.

Just a reminder that we are trying to get to 1,000 followers on our challenge blog!  We are so close, I believe we are only 3 followers away!  When we reach 1000 followers we'll have a random drawing from all of the entries in the challenge in which the magic number is reached and reward the lucky drawing winner with a box full of crafty goodness.  So, be sure you've checked the Followers box on our sidebar and pass the word to your crafty friends. We're still at 997 so let's make this challenge be the one!!!


Here is my card for your inspiration:
We had 5 young people from our church graduating this year and we had a little reception after the church service a couple weeks ago.  This is the card that I made for each of the three young men (the two young ladies are my daughters so I didn't make them a card, yet, they're still finishing up).  I started by stamping the caps in the background to make it look like they are falling after being thrown up in the air in celebration.  Then I die cut the sentiments from black and gold cardstock.  I was trying to decide whether I liked the black "congrats" better or the gold, when my youngest daughter suggested layering them together.  She's pretty smart, that one!  I stamped the sentiment in the corner and while everything looked good, it still needed something.  So, I die cut some tiny gold stars and sprinkled them around the caps and the sentiment  and I think they finished everything off perfectly!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will hop over to the Cut It Up blog for the full details of the challenge and to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Taylored Expressions "The Inside Scoop Stamp Set--Grad"; Repeat Impressions graduation cap
Dies: Papertrey Ink "congrats" die; MFT graduation die set; Stamps of life flip card star die set

Challenges:
Crafty Catz #717--anything goes
Cards Galore #149--anything goes
Unicorn Challenge #122--no patterned paper
Word Power--anything goes with the sentiment as the focus
Simon Says Stamp Monday--back to school (mine is more the ending of school, but it does have to do with school--if not fitting the theme, please remove.  Thanks!)
Word Art Wednesday #760--anything goes with uplifting sentiment

8 comments:

Julia Sager - Julia Sue's Stamping said...

What a fantastic graduation card! I love the custom background with all the tossed graduation caps—it really captures the excitement of the celebration. Layering the black and gold "Congrats" was a brilliant idea (your daughter definitely deserves credit for that one!), and those tiny gold stars are the perfect finishing touch. 🎓✨💛

Treva said...

Love your card, great design, l especially like the scattered gold stars! Congratulations to all the graduates.

Alyson Mayo said...

What a beautiful graduation card - love the cascading caps down the front.

Chris said...

Brilliant design, the stamped caps are the perfect background to set off the die cut 'Congrats grad'. perfect choice of sentiment too.
Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz.
Chris
x

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous Grad card ... awesome design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Word Power challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Word Power Co-Owner

Gerda said...

What a awesome graduation card!! LOVE this card!!
Have a wonderful day.
Gerda

Barb Finnical said...

This is a really nice graduation card, Heather! I really like the gold, and the hats flying up in the air are really fun too. Congratulations to your daughters and the others! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

Andree said...

A wonderful graduation card with a great design.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore July Challenge “Anything Goes” x